Volunteer Opportunities at NTR
A representative of a school or agency that needs IT-relevant internships or meaningful work-site opportunities for students or clients?
looking to volunteer your skills as an individual?
Interested in one-time group volunteer projects for your office, club, or group?
Internships and work-site placement
The majority of workers in our warehouse are individuals learning IT for further job opportunities in our BEST (Building Employment Skills through Technology) program.
BEST partners with the city’s welfare-to-work programs, technical training schools, and other job training partners to repair and refurbish a wide range of IT equipment. Through these hands-on training skills tens of thousands computer have been refurbished and thousands of tons of toxic waste equipment has been diverted from the region’s waste stream.
To learn more about partnering with NTR contact Volunteer Coordinator, Caitlin Kaspar at Caitlin@ntronline.org
Individual Volunteer Opportunities include:
- IT experts and technology savvy communicators to answer the community’s questions in our, "Bring a Computer, Ask a Question" workshop.
We hold this workshop the third Saturday of every month. The next session will be held on February 21st, 2015 from 11AM-2PM.
To register click here
For more information on the workshop: click here
- W need warehouse volunteers to help us sort and clean our laptop room on February 7th, 2015, from 10AM-2PM. Register Here
- We will be hosting a computer refurbishment event on February 14th from 10AM-2PM. If you have an IT background and want to refurbish computers for our programs and store. Register here
- Individuals for our computer stripping event held on February 28th, 2015
10AM-2PM Technology background is preferred but, not entirely necessary.
Volunteers will spend the morning breaking down NTR’s large stockpile of computer donations. You will be separating equipment capable of refurbishment, from equipment that needs to be recycled.
Fill out the form to register.
- Brand Ambassador’s for NTR
If you want to spread the word about NTR, our Computer Thrift Store, and our other programs this may be the ideal volunteer option for you. Our brand ambassador’s focus their marketing efforts in building awareness of our services and store to the local Philly community.
Learn more here
- Warehouse help or general volunteer inquiries
If you would like to lend your time and knowledge with NTR please fill out this form and our volunteer coordinator, Caitlin, will respond to your request as soon as possible.
Group Volunteer Activity
If your group is interested in doing a large volunteer project please contact Volunteer Coordinator, Caitlin Kaspar at Caitlin@ntronline.org
Some previous projects include:
- Warehouse Cleaning: From sorting RAM, to organizing computers, there is always plenty of work to be done in our warehouse.
- Computer Stripping: Some computers we unfortunately cannot fix or are too old for us to even try to refurbish. We can take some of the parts from the computers though! In a computer stripping event, you will take out the part of the computer we can possibly use for later in our computer refurbishing process. All materials that can not be refurbished are recycled through our R2 certified partners. Although computer knowledge is helpful it is not needed.
- Computer Refurbishing: We have volunteers and interns help us refurbish computers every day, but every once and a while we need an extra boost in our production power of refurbishing. From here you will learn the ins and outs of our refurbishing process to produces computers for our store and other programs.